Meet Your Monkey is the University of Calgary’s first annual student mental health summit. Brought to you in partnership by the SU Wellness Centre and Students’ Union, with generous support from the Residence Students’ Association, this summit will be like no other mental health event on campus before. This summit is about YOU. We want to know your thoughts, concerns and ideas for solutions. Let’s get those monkeys off our backs and start talking about mental health.
When: Friday October 17 from 4:00pm – 6:30pm,
Saturday October 18 from 8:00am – 4:00pm
Cost: FREE for University of Calgary Students
Location: MacEwan Hall B (Friday night) and MacEwan Ballroom (Saturday night)
Come prepared for a weekend of packed full of activities, including 90 ideas in 90 minutes, a collaborative art project and lots of great discussion about mental health on campus. The goals of this summit are to:
- Provide an opportunity for University of Calgary students to come together and share perspectives on mental health
- Provide a unique vehicle for raising awareness and reducing stigma around mental health
- Connect University of Calgary students with information, resources and services to support their mental wellbeing
- Open dialogue and brainstorm innovative solutions to kickstart start mental health action on campus
- Collect student feedback to advocate to decisions makers at the University and other areas
This event is free for University of Calgary students. Snacks on Friday night will be provided, as well as lunch on Saturday. Space is limited so register early!