21 April, 2015
The deadline to apply to the 2015 NEADS National Student Awards Program is quickly approaching: applications must be in by April 30, 2015.
For additional information on the awards, their values, and the application process, consult the program website.
9 April, 2015
This post is an overview of some of the current and upcoming resources and supports being offered by the Student Success Centre.
- Writing Support is offering drop-in support until April 20: Monday through Thursday, 6:10pm to 9:00pm, and Sundays, 11:10am to 4:00pm. Sign-up on the day of consultation at the Learning Commons Service Desk on the 1st floor of the TFDL. One-on-one appointments are also available, and can be booked online.
- The SSC has a Study Hall space available for quiet, individual study. The space is available Mondays from 9:00am to 4:00pm, Tuesdays from 2:30pm to 3:30pm, Wednesdays from 2:00pm to 3:00pm, Thursdays from 11:30am to 12:30pm, and Fridays from noon to 4:00pm. Sign in at the front desk of the SSC (3rd floor, TFDL).
- Graduate students can now access trained peer coaches to help with topics such as goal setting, research management, motivation, implementing feedback, and more. To learn more about the Graduate Coaching Program, email email@example.com
- Lastly, May 4 to 7 is Grad Success Week! Grad Success Week offers graduate students a chance to brush up on their study skills and refine their writing process before heading into a summer of research and writing. Consult the website for more information.
8 April, 2015
With Fall 2015/Winter 2016 Enrolment Appointments now available for viewing in the Student Centre, you may have some questions around registering. The Reg 2015 Student Assistance Team is available to help.
If you have questions related to:
- Building your course timetable
- Requisites, restrictions and registration errors
- Referrals to campus resources and advising offices
The Student Assistance Team is able to provide support on a drop-in basis. (Advice on course selection should be directed to Program Advisors within your faculty).
Drop-in hours for April 1 to 30 are Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm in the Student Success Centre.
6 April, 2015
The Devon Academic Resource Centre offers first- and second-year Engineering students a place to study, interact and access academic support. As a part of this academic support, Devon learning assistants offer tutorial assistance for core first-and second-year courses.
These tutoring sessions take place in Science B 140B and 140C.